Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/21 19:32:52 UTC

Testing archetypes for MyFaces projects?

I was wondering if we would want to create maven archetypes for
setting up trinidad, tomahawk, and other projects as a war file that
users can use to start a test case. Basically it would create a war
pom with a single page and a single managed bean with jetty support
built in so that it would be easy to modify to get going.

By doing this and building a WIKI page we could simply point bug
reporters to the WIKI to give them instructions on how to build a
simple test case that would not be IDE or platform specific and help
with people that want to debug problems, but do not want to try each
time to extract how to reproduce a problem.

What do you all think?

-Andrew

Re: Testing archetypes for MyFaces projects?

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Another option is to reduce the work on our side and just have an SVN branch:

1) user uses SVN checkout to get the branch with the test case for the
given project
2) user makes changes as needed
3) submit the test case as a zip, or better yet as "svn diff" output zipped

Is that better, or do you like the archetypes approach better?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hello,

@archetypes for each library with facelets:

+1

and it would be nice to clean-up the existing demos or provide demos with a
minimal config.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at