Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/13 05:17:41 UTC

properties variables in archetype pom?

I'm trying to create an archetype using the instructions from the apache maven web site:

$ mvn archetype:create-from-project
$ cd target/generated-sources/archetype/
$ mvn install
$ mkdir /tmp/archetype
$ cd /tmp/archetype
$ mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=local

But at the last step I get a bunch of Velocity warnings like

[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException: reference : template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [line 76,column 22] : ${version.springframework} is not a valid reference.

because my pom.xml which I used to create the archetype has ${} stuff in it; e.g.

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring-web</artifactId>
            <version>${version.springframework}</version>
        </dependency>

I tried putting a backslash in front of the dollar sign but that just came through unchanged, with the backslash in the generated pom.xml.