Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2007/01/12 18:19:05 UTC

10.3 release page

I have taken the liberty of starting a 10.3 release page to track the
features, bug fixes, and documentation we plan to roll into our next big
release:

  http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease

I have hung this page off the Developer's page. Feel free to move the
page (and let us know where it went) if you have a better idea about
where to hang it:

  http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyDev

If you're planning features for 10.3, please add them to this page. I'm
hoping that once the page settles down and we have formed an idea about
what's going out on the next big train, then we can talk about a target
release date.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: 10.3 release page

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks to Bryan, Knut Anders, and Olav for posting their 10.3 plans at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease

It would be great if other people could post their plans too. This will
help lead a community discussion about when to produce 10.3. That, in
turn, should help everybody chunk their work so that the next big
release train leaves the station bearing meaningful increments.

Don't be shy. This is open source, so these are just goals, not
promises! For instance, is anyone planning10.3 work on collations,
optimizer mods, XML, other datatypes, VTIs, Lucene integration,
significant cleanup, ...? Even sketchy plans help. Wild ambitions
too--we can always pare back this wiki page as we close in on the release.

Your help here is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-Rick