Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Rahul Kirthivasan <he...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/20 20:45:13 UTC

Does Apache SOAP allow a java class (Web service) to launch secondary threads ?

Hi all,

I have a java class deployed in the Tomcat
server which is exposed to java clients through
Apache SOAP 2.1.
>From one of the methods exposed by the Web
Service called startWatch(), i spawn a thread
that does dome backgound taska periodically.
All is well and the SOAP method call suceeds,
the thread starts and keeps looping at periodic
intervals of 30 seconds. But after the fifth
loop or so (not consistent could be 10th loop ...
etc.), it just dies.
I would assume that the thread should live
forever eventhough the SOAP method call exited.
So here is my question :

Does Apache SOAP deactivate the Java Class that
is exposed after a certain time interval even
though there are secondary background
threads running in it.

TIA,
Rahul