Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2002/08/20 02:06:29 UTC

XDoclet status

Berin Loritsch wrote:

>BTW, is the XDoclet support for the *.info files going to move
>to Excalibur?  I would really like to see that in ContainerKit
>or something so that we don't have to write all kinds of XINFO
>files.

The XDoclet project is in the process of moving from the Sun javadoc API
to something else called xjavadoc.  The code suppporting the XDoclet
generation for containerkit and Phoenix uses an out-of-date CVS version
of the XDoclet project (really out-of-out). Any work on a solution for
avalon xinfo files using XDoclet in its current status is in my opinion
premature.  As soon as the XDoclet team produce a release I'll either
put something in place in the Avalon Meta Model package or I'll adapt
from something that Pete comits.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell