Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2010/10/07 17:36:45 UTC

Calling graphic designers

Apache Wookie (Incubating) is a Java server application that allows you
to upload and deploy widgets for your applications. Wookie is based on
the W3C Widgets specification, but widgets can also be included that use
extended APIs such as Google Wave Gadgets and OpenSocial [1]. As part of
the migration of Wookie into the Apache Incubator we are looking for a
new logo which incorporates the Apache feather [2].

We're ramping up for the first official Apache Wookie (Incubating)
release so we're inviting people to submit their logo designs.

Submissions should be uploaded to the relevant Apache Wookie
(Incubating) issue tracker [3] by October 20th. To discuss your ideas
please join the Wookie mailing list [4].

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/WookieProposal
[2] http://apache.org/foundation/press/kit/
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WOOKIE
[4] wookie-dev@incubator.apache.org

Re: Calling graphic designers

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 07/10/2010 16:50, Sander W G van der Waal wrote:
> [...]

It's not required, but stylistically it would be good. I agree that it's
not required though - poor wording that nobody picked up in the original
issue. Thanks for bringing it up here, at least people coming to the
thread will see this.

With respect to other projects using the feather you should look around
a bit more, around 50% include the feather in some way (often in fairly
subtle ways though).

Ross