Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Thomas Karlsson <to...@totaltjavlamorker.com> on 2005/06/08 12:51:27 UTC

[mina] Broadcasting?

Hi

Is there any way to send UDP broadcasts with MINA?

thanks
Thomas Karlsson

Re: [mina] Broadcasting?

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,
 2005/6/8, Thomas Karlsson <to...@totaltjavlamorker.com>:

> Is there any way to send UDP broadcasts with MINA?

 MINA currently provides only NIO transport types for now. NIO doesn't
support multicast for now and it will be supported in Java 6.
 But MINA provides abstract API, so you can implement your own transport
type, say broadcast support using blocking I/O, or even TCP support using
old sockets.
 We'll implement all of them in 0.9 stream. Please look at this roadmap:
 http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/roadmap.html
 Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/