Posted to user@ode.apache.org by rajini1 <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/01 06:32:36 UTC

ODE 1.2 with postgres

I am trying to run ODE 1.2 with postgres database. Can any one explain the
steps. It looks that the ODE.war that is available in the distribution runs
on derby by default.

Re: ODE 1.2 with postgres

Posted by rajini1 <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. It works. I followed the steps listed for mysql except that I had to
do a few changes while deploying in jboss.
1. create a ODEDB-ds.xml instead of editing the server.xml with the database
information
2. Use only postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc3.jar in the jboss lib folder  for the
jdbc driver class of  postgresql 8.2.
 else it throws
11:46:29,661 ERROR [[/ode]] StandardWrapper.Throwable
java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.postgresql.jdbc2.Jdbc2DatabaseMetaData.getDatabaseMajorVersion()I

Re: ODE 1.2 with postgres

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 9:32 PM, rajini1 <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to run ODE 1.2 with postgres database. Can any one explain the
> steps. It looks that the ODE.war that is available in the distribution runs
> on derby by default.

Check the paragraph titled "Configuring ODE in Tomcat with a MySQL database"
in the following section:

http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-InaWebApplication

The procedure is exactly the same as for MySQL, you'll just need to adapt
with the correct driver and url information and use the Postgres database
schema.

Matthieu