Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tim Sawyer <li...@calidris.co.uk> on 2005/06/16 11:32:27 UTC

Newbie External Page question

Hi,

I have a page that implements IExternalPage, and I'm passing a single
parameter in through the activeExternalPage() method.  This parameter is then
decoded and used to set the value of 30-odd other attributes on the page.
These attributes are then passed through to a component.

This seems to work, but I tried changing it so that the single parameter is
passed to the component rather than all the different ones, and it seemed to
always pass null in to the component.

Does activateExternalPage fire after the html template has been processed?  Is
there a better way of doing this?

If I store the single value in the Visit rather than trying to pass it through
the page, it works.  This does, however, feel like I'm using a global
variable!

Any input would be appreciated.

Tim.

Re: Newbie External Page question

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Tim Sawyer <lists <at> calidris.co.uk> writes:

> I have a page that implements IExternalPage, and I'm passing a single
> parameter in through the activeExternalPage() method.  This parameter is then
> decoded and used to set the value of 30-odd other attributes on the page.
> These attributes are then passed through to a component.
>
> This seems to work, but I tried changing it so that the single parameter is
> passed to the component rather than all the different ones, and it seemed to
> always pass null in to the component.

I think you'd better show us some code showing this problem.

--
Author of an e-Book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)