Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Paul Overell <pa...@turnpike.com> on 2003/03/12 15:55:22 UTC

getName "cannot resolve symbol"

A newbie question

James 2.1.2, Solaris 8, j2sdk1.4

I have a problem with the following getName method, "cannot resolve
symbol" errors.

from: http://james.apache.org/mailet/index.html

 >org.apache.mailet
 >Interface Mail
 >
 >getName
 >public String getName()
 >Method getUID. Mainly used to log the progress of mails through
 >processing the string returned need only be unique to this installation
 >of the system.
 >
 >Returns:
 >a String Unique Identifier in this system.

utils/MsgLog.java:52: cannot resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method getName  ()
     [javac] location: interface org.apache.mailet.Mail
     [javac]           msgUID = this.mxMsg.getName() +     // FIXME wont
compile
     [javac]                    ^
     [javac] 1 error

Have similar problem with its friend SetName, but not with other methods
in this interface, they all work OK.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Regards

--
Paul Overell                                             T U R N P I K E

RE: getName "cannot resolve symbol"

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Paul,

Those methods are introduced to Mail in James v3, which is building out of
CVS HEAD, and subject to flux.  In James v2, they are methods of MailImpl.

I'll add some @since tags to the javadocs.

	--- Noel