Posted to user@wink.apache.org by z424brave <ke...@btinternet.com> on 2014/08/14 19:41:35 UTC

Using MessageBodyWriter in WebSphere with Session cookies enabled

Hi

I am using a custom MessageBodyHandler which is opening and closing an
OutputStreamWriter to send JSON output as the response.

The container is WebSphere which has session cookies enabled. However
WebSphere is attempting to set the session cookie after I have closed the
OutputStream so it fails and I get this message

"SESN0066E : Response is already committed to client. Session cookie cannot
be set."

I need to retain the session cookie because we are running with multiple WAS
clones on multiple servers. Also because of this I don't want to try and set
the session cookie myself because WAS appends the WAS cloneid to the session
id when setting the JSESSIONID cookie.

Cheers ... Damian