Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Zhuojian Georgia Han (zhuhan)" <zh...@cisco.com> on 2007/09/18 20:52:42 UTC

Why SOAP FAULT does not convert into AxisFault

Hi

I use gSoap in server side, and Java Axis as my Soap client.  When gSoap
raise a soap fault, it seems like Axis Soap doesn't convert into
AxisFault, in Axis client side, it doesn't go to AxisFault Exception or
generic Exception catch block, why is that? I'm using Axis 1.4, and I
remember it used to work on Axis1.2.

Can somebody give me a clue? is it an Axis1.4 bug?

Below are soapfault packet which I captured in ethereal.

Thanks,
Georgia

<http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~engelen/soap.html>

Why SOAP FAULT does not convert into AxisFault

Posted by "Zhuojian Georgia Han (zhuhan)" <zh...@cisco.com>.
Hi

I use gSoap in server side, and Java Axis as my Soap client.  When gSoap
raise   a soap fault, it seems like Axis Soap doesn't convert into
AxisFault, in Axis client side, it doesn't go to AxisFault Exception or
generic Exception catch block, why is that? I'm using Axis 1.4, and I
remember it used to work on Axis1.2.

 I can not see anything wrong in this soapfault message,  is it an

Re: Why SOAP FAULT does not convert into AxisFault

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
It doesn't. You will need to switch to Axis2.

Anne

Posted by "Zhuojian Georgia Han (zhuhan)" <zh...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.