Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Costin Manolache <co...@covalent.net> on 2002/03/16 00:08:29 UTC

untrusted SSL certs

Hi,

Attached is a patch that adds a hook for creating a different
"SocketFactory" for SSL. It
is very hacky, but solves a very common problem - connecting with SSL
with servers
without a signed certificate. Many people have a lot of pain because of
that, so
it would be great if you could commit this.

The "FakeTrustSocketFactory" is a special factory that uses the hook to plug
a trusting SSL factory.

If someone more familiar with the axis config can make the hook configurable
per service - it would be great. Right now it uses a global system
property.

Please let me know if there's any problem with the patch or anything I can
do.

Thanks,
Costin