Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Deepa Rangarajan <de...@hotmail.com> on 2005/03/10 22:37:30 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] CacheLastModifiedFactor usage

Hi,
Have any of you used the CacheLastModifiedFactor ?
I am not able to predict the expiry time of my cache based on this factor.
I have files that do not have Expiry header set but have the lastModified
header.

So I need to set the CacheLastModifiedFactor; else it will take the default
value of 0.1.
Based on the documentation the
expiry date = current date + Hrs since last modified *
CacheLastModifiedFactor.

This does not seem to make sense as the expiry date is going to vary with
time?
If any of you have used and tested the mod_cache module, pls. let me know
your configuration. Any ideas/suggestions/corrections welcome.

Here is a part of my httpd.conf

   CacheEnable disk /xxx

   CacheRoot "/var/cache/mod_proxy"
   CacheSize 100000