Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz> on 2003/09/11 22:51:35 UTC

Building meta

Hi all,

I'm getting test failures building avalon-sandbox/meta

NoClassDefFoundError : org.w3c.dom.Node

Is this a jdk1.3 v jdk1.4 issue.

I'm compiling with jdk 1.3.1

If so is the correct answer to add the required jars to the project.xml
dependency list?

Or am I missing something?

Regards,

Peter
--
Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>

Re: Building meta

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Peter Courcoux wrote:
> Berin,
>
> Thanks. I now have merlin tutorials running. Would it make sense to add
> the dependencies into the project.xml file in a commented block for
> those of us who are still on 1.3.1?

I believe so.  SOmetimes it gets forgotten because we are building with
1.4--and just don't see the issue.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Building meta

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Fresh checkout and build now successful.

Peter

--
Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>

Re: Building meta

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Peter Courcoux wrote:

>meta build output attached

Ok - its the test cases that are causing the problem.
I forgot about that.  Correction applied in CVS.  Could you try to build
meta again just to confirm that all is good.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: Building meta

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
meta build output attached

--
Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>

Re: Building meta

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.

--
Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>

Re: Building meta

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Re: Building meta

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Steve,

--
Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>

Re: Building meta

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Peter:

Re: Building meta

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Berin,

--
Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>

Re: Building meta

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Peter Courcoux wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting test failures building avalon-sandbox/meta
>
> NoClassDefFoundError : org.w3c.dom.Node
>
> Is this a jdk1.3 v jdk1.4 issue.
>
> I'm compiling with jdk 1.3.1
>
> If so is the correct answer to add the required jars to the project.xml
> dependency list?
>
> Or am I missing something?

:) I believe so.