Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Alexander Bischof <al...@s2000.tu-chemnitz.de> on 2007/12/04 12:00:00 UTC

Renaming example domain

Hello,

i'm trying to rename the domain 'dc=example, dc=com' from the default
instance and always get always ldap error code 32. Is that a bug or
'normal' behavior from the ldap protocoll? If so how can i rename the
domain?

Thanks in advance
Alex Bischof

Re: Renaming example domain

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexander,

I guess you are trying to do a ModifyDN on 'dc=example, dc=com". This
is simply not possible, as it is considered as the root of a
partition.

If you want to create your own partition, you should create it
following the page :
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/144-adding-your-own-partition-resp-suffix.html

Hope it helps...

On 12/4/07, Alexander Bischof <al...@s2000.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'm trying to rename the domain 'dc=example, dc=com' from the default
> instance and always get always ldap error code 32. Is that a bug or
> 'normal' behavior from the ldap protocoll? If so how can i rename the
> domain?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Alex Bischof

Cordialement,