Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by "Ford, Jennifer M." <JE...@SOUTHERNCO.COM> on 2007/08/09 01:04:32 UTC

WSSJ/Rampart Question

Hello everyone,
I was referred here from the Axis2 user group.  I am currently trying to
add WS-Security to an existing web service (AsymmetricBinding/Signature
Only) using Apache AXIS2 with Rampart.   There's a sample in the rampart
distribution that theoretically illustrates how to do this, so I started
with the policy.xml and service.xml files from that and attempted to add
this to my service code, which was autogenerated using WSDL2Java.

I've been unable to get this working, and I have run out of ideas.  Has
anyone actually used Rampart policy files to successfully provide
certificate-based authentication, and if so, would you mind sharing your
policy.xml file?

Also:

I am seeing the following error in the logs:
2007-08-08 15:51:56,983 DEBUG org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine -
Unknown Element: BinarySecurityToken
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secex
t-1.0.xsd

That seems like probable cause for this to fail.  I looked up that error
on Google, and I see a lot of references to XML Pretty Printing (which I
now have disabled in my client axis2.xml, although it does not appear to
have made a difference in the output) and most of those messages were
using Axis 1.3, not Axis2 as I am using.

The other thing I am struggling with are the X509 token types and the
decryption algorithm.  Is it possible to find that information on the
certificate itself?  I was unable to find it, but I am thinking if I
were wrong that would be another reason why my signature validation
would fail.

Thanks so much for your time,

Jennifer Ford
Energy Management Systems

Re: WSSJ/Rampart Question

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Now we have a new processor to process unreferenced
BinarySecurityToken elements in WSS4J. Therefore this exception cannot
occur. Next version of rampart will depend on the next release of
WSS4J which will contain this fix.

If you can provide a test case that simulate this issue we can run it
against the latest build and test it.

Thanks,
Ruchith

--