Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2008/01/09 07:35:48 UTC

Dependency question

I've been working on trimming the OpenEJB dependencies and found
these deps from cxf:

cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws-2.0.2-incubator.jar
  cxf-rt-bindings-soap-2.0.2-incubator.jar
   cxf-tools-common-2.0.2-incubator.jar
    jaxb-xjc-2.0.5.jar
    velocity-1.4.jar
     velocity-dep-1.4.jar

So what are xjc and velocity used for?  More importantly, do I need
these at runtime?

-dain

Re: Dependency question

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Jan 9, 2008, at 12:45 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 January 2008, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> On Jan 8, 2008, at 11:46 PM, James Mao wrote:
>>> velocity is used for the codegen, so you definitely can remove
>>> those jars
>>>
>>> xjc is jaxb binding compiler, it's required by the cxf jaxb
>>> databinding, you need this at the runtime
>>
>> Do we compile schemas at runtime?
>>
>> -dain
>
> If you use the "DynamicClient", then the answer is yes.  For pure
> jaxws
> things, no.

We are using pure jaxws so I think it will be OK to remove.

Thanks,

-dain

Re: Dependency question

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: Dependency question

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Re: Dependency question

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
velocity is used for the codegen, so you definitely can remove those jars

xjc is jaxb binding compiler, it's required by the cxf jaxb databinding,
you need this at the runtime

James