Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Javed, Haseeb" <ja...@buckeyemail.osu.edu> on 2018/03/16 20:22:10 UTC

Kafka Consumer v1.0 terminates prematurely

Hello,

I have a test cluster for Kafka consisting of one broker, one producer and one consumer, each on a separate node. Kafka broker and producer are v1.0.0. I am able to use the ProducerPerformance benchmark to write records to the broker. However, when I try to read the records using ConsumerPerformance benchmark with v1.0.0, the benchmark terminates prematurely with output suggesting there were no records to be read, as shown below:

start.time, end.time, data.consumed.in.MB, MB.sec, data.consumed.in.nMsg, nMsg.sec

2018-02-23 16:13:51:748, 2018-02-23 16:13:52:904, 0.0000, 0.0000, 0, 0.0000, 24, 1132, 0.0000, 0.0000

I tried to debug the issue further by observing what API Requests are received from the consumer by the broker and they goes something like this:

API_VERSIONS

METADATA

FIND_COORDINATOR

API_VERSIONS