Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Palod, Manish" <Ma...@McAfee.com> on 2020/01/16 14:58:11 UTC

Tomcat 7: Access Valve pattern cipher, SSL Protocol

Hi All,

I am using tomcat 7 and for audit purpose, want to see cipher and SSL protocol used in the request.

How should I mention these attributes in the Access Valve pattern to get these info in the logs.

Regards
Manish

RE: Antwort: Tomcat 7: Access Valve pattern cipher, SSL Protocol

Posted by "Palod, Manish" <Ma...@McAfee.com>.
Hi Mark, Peter,

Adding "%{javax.servlet.request.cipher_suite}r %{org.apache.tomcat.util.net.secure_protocol_version}r" into Access Valve generated the intended logs.

Thank you for the advice.

Regards
Manish

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 16/01/2020 15:02, Peter Köhler wrote:
> Hi Palod,
>
> i think you can do it with:
>
> JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS  -Djavax.net.debug=ssl,handshake"

That won't do what the OP asked.

These should work:

%{javax.servlet.request.cipher_suite}r
%{org.apache.tomcat.util.net.secure_protocol_version}r

Mark