Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2015/02/09 18:12:15 UTC

[allura:tickets] #5467 Create Issue Button Should Always Appear (Only possibly refer to an explanation for why it was disabled).

---

** [tickets:#5467] Create Issue Button Should Always Appear (Only possibly refer to an explanation for why it was disabled).**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** sf-2 sf-current
**Created:** Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:02 AM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:02 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

*Originally created by:* shlomif

Hi all,

this bug tracker - https://sourceforge.net/p/patool/bugs/?source=navbar does not contain a button for adding/creating a new ticket. I was told that the problem was that "it is possible that patools have restricted access to that function? perhaps just project members?". Even if this is the case (which is strange and undesirable as well), then people who go to the bug tracker still expect to see such a button there.

As a result, I suggest that the button will still be displayed, only will point to an explanation of why this feature was disabled and what are the alternatives for the person trying to use it. I have talked with kymara on #sourceforge on Freenode.

For more discussion, see:

* http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/default.asp?joel.3.734302.9

* The old problem where people said that menu items were disabled without an explanation why just when people want to use them.

Regards,

-- Shlomi Fish

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **labels**: sf-2, sf-current --> sf-2

---

** [tickets:#5467] Create Issue Button Should Always Appear (Only possibly refer to an explanation for why it was disabled).**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** sf-2
**Created:** Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:02 AM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Mon Feb 23, 2015 03:45 PM UTC
**Owner:** Heith Seewald

[allura:tickets] Ticket 5467 discussion

Posted by Heith Seewald <hs...@slashdotmedia.com>.
- **status**: open --> review
- **Comment**:

[Merge request here](https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/git/merge-requests/15/)

---

** [tickets:#5467] Create Issue Button Should Always Appear (Only possibly refer to an explanation for why it was disabled).**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** sf-2 sf-current
**Created:** Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:02 AM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Wed Feb 18, 2015 08:57 PM UTC
**Owner:** Heith Seewald

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: review --> closed

---

** [tickets:#5467] Create Issue Button Should Always Appear (Only possibly refer to an explanation for why it was disabled).**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** sf-2 sf-current
**Created:** Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:02 AM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Thu Feb 19, 2015 05:47 AM UTC
**Owner:** Heith Seewald

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **assigned_to**: Heith Seewald

---

** [tickets:#5467] Create Issue Button Should Always Appear (Only possibly refer to an explanation for why it was disabled).**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** sf-2 sf-current
**Created:** Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:02 AM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Mon Feb 09, 2015 05:12 PM UTC
**Owner:** Heith Seewald