Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Ian Juniper <ju...@exemail.com.au> on 2016/06/29 23:12:13 UTC

Opening docx files

Is it possible to open .docx files with the version 4 of Open Office? I have been using version 3 successfully for many years for all other correspondence and have no wish to buy Microsoft in order to open the very few .docx files which some correspondents send me.

Ian Juniper
Sydney NSW

This message has been scanned with AVG Anti-Virus Version 9

The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying files is, or may be, confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is unauthorised.  If you have received this e-mail in error please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail or telephone and delete all copies.               *****************************************************************

Re: Opening docx files

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
> On Jun 30, 2016, at 13:11, nasrin khaksar <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> yes, it can open .docx files without any problem.
> but saving as docx is not possible currently.

It can be saved as a .doc file.

 —
jt - jt@jt-mj.net

A change in perspective is worth 80 IQ points. - Alan Kay

Re: Opening docx files

Posted by Doug <dm...@optonline.net>.
On 06/30/2016 08:56 PM, Dale Erwin wrote:
> On 6/30/2016 12:11 PM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
>> hi.
>> yes, it can open .docx files without any problem.
>> but saving as docx is not possible currently.
>
> Saving as .docx was not supported by version 3 either.
>
> Dale Erwin

If you want or need to save and send as docx, take a look at TextMaker,
from SoftMaker Office. Part of an office suite that includes the word
processor, a spreadsheet, and a presentation app.

There's a free cut-down version, and a pay version. I think it's worth
paying for, and have done so. Present  version is 2016. TextMaker reads
/and writes/ a whole batch of formats. And it doesn't

make you study up and learn a lot of crap about formatting to get your
work done!

--doug

Re: Opening docx files

Posted by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org>.

Re: Opening docx files

Posted by nasrin khaksar <na...@gmail.com>.
hi.

On 6/30/16, Lucrecia Llerena <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ian
> If is possible to open .docx files with the version 4 with no problem, I
> have OpenOffice 4 and Windows 10.
> Lucrecia

>> Hi Ian, I open them with OOa 4, with no problem. I'm on Windows 10 and
>> also
>> Windows 7.
>> Shari
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 6:12 PM, Ian Juniper <ju...@exemail.com.au>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Is it possible to open .docx files with the version 4 of Open Office? I
>> > have been using version 3 successfully for many years for all other
>> > correspondence and have no wish to buy Microsoft in order to open the
>> very
>> > few .docx files which some correspondents send me.
>> >
>> > Ian Juniper
>> > Sydney NSW
>> >
>> > This message has been scanned with AVG Anti-Virus Version 9
>> >

>> ***************************************************************************************************************
>> > The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying
>> > files is, or may be, confidential.  If you are not the intended
>> recipient,
>> > any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of
>> > this
>> > e-mail or any attached files is unauthorised.  If you have received
>> > this
>> > e-mail in error please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail
>> > or
>> > telephone and delete all copies.

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org