Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2015/12/17 14:31:56 UTC

[HEADSUP] Preparing first 1.0.0-incubating release

Hi all,

I'm preparing the 1.0.0-incubating release. The purpose is to have a
first "visible" release, and starting from here, let's move forward on
refactoring/improvements, etc.

I have a minor issue with the release: the rest module use
miredot-plugin 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT. Even if it's not a big deal, I would
prefer to avoid SNAPSHOT in a release. So, I wonder if I can downgrade
to miredot-plugin 1.6.2 (I tested and it looks to work fine, even if the
output is not as good as with 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT). We can still use
2.0.0-SNAPSHOT to publish the REST API documentation on the website.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [HEADSUP] Preparing first 1.0.0-incubating release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, it's exactly my intention.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Fair enough.

Thanks guys !

Regards
JB

On 12/17/2015 02:47 PM, Christophe Laprun wrote:
> As long as we use the 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT to generate the site documentation, I’m fine with it.
>
>> On 17 Dec 2015, at 14:45, Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com> wrote:
>>
>> For me it’s fine as long as we put it back to the snapshot after the release, because we are using the corrections that Miredot did on it because the 1.6.2 doesn’t support CXF)
>>
>> cheers,
>>   Serge…
>>

>>> On 17 déc. 2015, at 14:31, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm preparing the 1.0.0-incubating release. The purpose is to have a first "visible" release, and starting from here, let's move forward on refactoring/improvements, etc.
>>>
>>> I have a minor issue with the release: the rest module use miredot-plugin 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT. Even if it's not a big deal, I would prefer to avoid SNAPSHOT in a release. So, I wonder if I can downgrade to miredot-plugin 1.6.2 (I tested and it looks to work fine, even if the output is not as good as with 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT). We can still use 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT to publish the REST API documentation on the website.
>>>
>>> Thoughts ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Christophe Laprun <cl...@jahia.com>.

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
+1

thanks for re-testing.

cheers,
  Serge…

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Right, but it fails on CXF parsing.

So, let's go with SNAPSHOT.

Regards
JB

On 12/17/2015 03:01 PM, Christophe Laprun wrote:

>> On 17 Dec 2015, at 14:56, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>
>> Finally, as 1.6.2 doesn't work fine (my bad I forgot to flush the change):
>>
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.qmino:miredot-plugin:1.6.2:restdoc (default) on project unomi-rest: Unable to parse configuration of mojo com.qmino:miredot-plugin:1.6.2:restdoc for parameter raml: Cannot find 'raml' in class com.qmino.miredot.maven.Output
>>
>> Let's keep 2.0-SNAPSHOT for the first release.
>
> Another option: you can also remove the <raml></raml>
> option (line 196) in the miredot plugin configuration.
>

>> Thanks,
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 12/17/2015 02:31 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm preparing the 1.0.0-incubating release. The purpose is to have a
>>> first "visible" release, and starting from here, let's move forward on
>>> refactoring/improvements, etc.
>>>
>>> I have a minor issue with the release: the rest module use
>>> miredot-plugin 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT. Even if it's not a big deal, I would
>>> prefer to avoid SNAPSHOT in a release. So, I wonder if I can downgrade
>>> to miredot-plugin 1.6.2 (I tested and it looks to work fine, even if the
>>> output is not as good as with 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT). We can still use
>>> 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT to publish the REST API documentation on the website.
>>>
>>> Thoughts ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Christophe Laprun <cl...@jahia.com>.