Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> on 1996/04/22 03:40:03 UTC

htdigest?

Hi.

About a week ago, I sent a mail to his list including a file,
htdigest.c, that I would like to be included in Apache 1.1b1. I
requested that it be so, even though a feature freeze had been
established, since it is required for the use of digest
authentication.

At any rate, I have seen no responses to that mail. Am I to take that
to mean you're all enamoured with the idea? Or does it mean you don't
think it's even worthy of response? Anyone?

P.S. To whomever builds the release version of 1.1b1, don't forget to
change the SERVER_VERSION define in httpd.h

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>

Re: htdigest?

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
I was waiting to reply until I had more time to investigate the digest
module.  I suppose no matter what it would be Really Lame (tm) if the
digest module required a different type of data and we provided no
Obviously I'd be happier if it mined the info out of a DBM file and thus
dbmmanage would be tweaked to handle it (i.e., giving it an
"adddigestuser" command or something).

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/