Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Jeremiah Johnson <je...@bea.com> on 2005/02/16 19:16:51 UTC

ControlBeanContext.serviceRevoked call?

I am getting a harmless (I think) control exception, but when I looked
at the source of the exception I got curious about what is happening.
Something in the runtime is calling ControlBeanContext.serviceRevoked:

    /**

     * Implements the BeanContextServicesRevokedListener.servicesRevoked
method.  This is

     * called if the associated ControlBean has requested a service that
is being subsequently

     * revoked.

     */

    public void serviceRevoked(BeanContextServiceRevokedEvent bcsre)

    {

        //

        // This is currently unexpected...

        //

        throw new ControlException("Unexpected service revocation: " +
bcsre.getServiceClass());

    }

This occurs when Catalina is expiring my session (which causes my flow
controller to destroy my control).  I don't think that I am doing
anything special (or incorrect) in my controls.  Can anyone shed some
light on the future direction of serviceRevoked and if I am doing
something that may be causing this method to be called?

Ultimately, this is coming through as a WARNING log message from
Catalina:

... org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext backgroundProcess

WARNING: Unable to perform background process on manager

org.apache.beehive.controls.api.ControlException: Unexpected service
revocation: interface
org.apache.beehive.controls.api.context.ResourceContext

- jeremiah

Re: ControlBeanContext.serviceRevoked call?

Posted by Kyle Marvin <ky...@gmail.com>.
Jeremiah,

This sounds harmless, but is worth a deeper look.  Can you go ahead an
open a JIRA issue on this, and can you include a full stack trace of
the ControlException (if you have it).

I can take a look.

-- Kyle