Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by inmjs <ma...@insiris.com> on 2008/11/12 20:48:09 UTC

Messages queuing problem

Hi there,

I currently have a durable subscriber that is subscribing to a topic called
'Core'.  It has a Selector to only receive messages of a certain type:

JMSType = 'TypeA' or JMSType = 'TypeB'

A strange thing is occuring:

I send the following messages:

[TypeA 1] -> [TypeB 2] -> [TypeB 3] -> [TypeB 4] -> [TypeB 5]

My subscriber receives message 1 immediately.  However message 2 is queued
(I can tell this because in the web console the pending queue size goes up
to 1).  Then, when message 3 is sent, messages 2 and 3 are delivered
immediately.  Then message 4 is queued and when message 5 is sent, messages
4 and 5 are delivered (and so on).

Can anyone shed any light on this?? It seems that it doesn't happen when I
don't have the selector on the subscription.

Thanks in advance for anybody's help, I really appreciate it.