Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Zia Syed <zi...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/17 21:58:48 UTC

[users@httpd] How to remove my server from Open Proxy list

Well, I've committed a rookie mistake. I enabled ProxyRequest on my
server without securing it and today I realized that my server is
under attack. I've turned off the server (since its a home server),
and change the configurations
ProxyRequeste Off
ProxyVia OFF

Now when I restart my server, and watch the access log, I see attacks
as shown below. While having it on, i verified via
https://www.astalavista.net/?cmd=proxy that my server aint proxy
anymore. What I need to understand is how can i get my IP off the Open
proxy server list that they bots are using? or am i just at their
mercy right now?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Zia

58.60.83.25 - - [17/Jun/2008:12:43:49 -0700] "GET
http://tremor.adbureau.net/hserver/acc_random=1073009089/site=FASHIONHEART/aamsz=728x90/pageid=6784801268
HTTP/1.0" 404 360 "http://www.fashionheart.com/" "Mozilla/4.0
(compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)"
202.105.147.18 - - [17/Jun/2008:12:43:49 -0700] "GET
http://tremor.adbureau.net/hserver/acc_random=3931054690/site=FOCUSHILL/aamsz=728x90/pageid=2116257051
HTTP/1.0" 404 357 "http://www.focushill.com/" "Mozilla/4.0
(compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98; DigExt)"
61.139.105.166 - - [17/Jun/2008:12:43:49 -0700] "GET
http://ad.yieldmanager.com/imp?z=0&Z=0x0&s=344806&y=30 HTTP/1.1" 404
285 "http%3A%2F%2Fwww.veryflashgames.com%2Findex.html" "Mozilla/4.0
(compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; MyIE2; TencentT"

Re: [users@httpd] How to remove my server from Open Proxy list

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Zia Syed <zi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I've committed a rookie mistake. I enabled ProxyRequest on my
> server without securing it and today I realized that my server is
> under attack. I've turned off the server (since its a home server),
> and change the configurations
> ProxyRequeste Off
> ProxyVia OFF
>
> Now when I restart my server, and watch the access log, I see attacks
> as shown below. While having it on, i verified via
> https://www.astalavista.net/?cmd=proxy that my server aint proxy
> anymore. What I need to understand is how can i get my IP off the Open
> proxy server list that they bots are using? or am i just at their
> mercy right now?

You're stuck as far as I know. There is no way to stop the requests
until the silly spammers/fraudsters give up trying.

There's some more information here, but you seem to already know all this:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/ProxyAbuse

Re: [users@httpd] How to remove my server from Open Proxy list

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 17.06.08 12:58, Zia Syed wrote:
> Well, I've committed a rookie mistake. I enabled ProxyRequest on my
> server without securing it and today I realized that my server is
> under attack. I've turned off the server (since its a home server),
> and change the configurations
> ProxyRequeste Off
> ProxyVia OFF
>
> Now when I restart my server, and watch the access log, I see attacks
> as shown below. While having it on, i verified via
> https://www.astalavista.net/?cmd=proxy that my server aint proxy
> anymore. What I need to understand is how can i get my IP off the Open
> proxy server list that they bots are using? or am i just at their
> mercy right now?

They will always do that. Some bots are trying that on servers that never
supported proxy requests. Maybe there will be less of them after some time,
but don't expect them to completely disappear
REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.

Re: [users@httpd] How to remove my server from Open Proxy list

Posted by Zia Syed <zi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks alot for your replies. I will try to wait it out.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.