Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vlad Skvortsov <vs...@73rus.com> on 2006/07/25 18:34:24 UTC

svn diff --status ?

Hi!

I often find myself wishing there would be an 'svn status'-like printout
for 'svn diff' command. For example, one might need to check which files
were changed between two different releases of a product. As of now,
it's possible to achieve that with something like

$ svn diff $ROOT/tags/1.0 $ROOT/tags/1.2 | grep '^Index: ' | awk '{print
$2;}'

...though it's not too convenient to type and can generate false positives.

I would like to have something like this instead:

$ svn diff $ROOT/tags/1.0 $ROOT/tags/1.2 --status
A    main/module.c
U    main/Makefile.am
U    main/Makefile.in
U    main/main.c
D    main/outdated.c

It would be really helpful when checking differences of large trees.
Comments?

--
Vlad Skvortsov, vss@73rus.com, vss@high.net.ru

Re: svn diff --status ?

Posted by Vlad Skvortsov <vs...@73rus.com>.
Mark Phippard wrote:

>Vlad Skvortsov <vs...@73rus.com> wrote on 07/25/2006 02:34:24 PM:
>

>>I would like to have something like this instead:
>>
>>$ svn diff $ROOT/tags/1.0 $ROOT/tags/1.2 --status
>>A    main/module.c
>>U    main/Makefile.am
>>U    main/Makefile.in
>>U    main/main.c
>>D    main/outdated.c
>>
>>It would be really helpful when checking differences of large trees.
>>Comments?
>>

>This feature exists in SVN 1.4.  The option to th diff command is
>--summarize.

Oh, great. Looking forward for 1.4 then. :-) It is client-side only
change, right? There will be no need to upgrade server to get that?

--
Vlad Skvortsov, vss@73rus.com, http://vss.73rus.com

Re: svn diff --status ?

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@softlanding.com>.
Vlad Skvortsov <vs...@73rus.com> wrote on 07/25/2006 02:34:24 PM:

> I would like to have something like this instead:
>
> $ svn diff $ROOT/tags/1.0 $ROOT/tags/1.2 --status
> A    main/module.c
> U    main/Makefile.am
> U    main/Makefile.in
> U    main/main.c
> D    main/outdated.c
>
> It would be really helpful when checking differences of large trees.
> Comments?

This feature exists in SVN 1.4.  The option to th diff command is
--summarize.

Mark