Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2014/03/14 12:44:11 UTC

Releases tests....

Guys,

0.96.2RC, 0.98.1RC and 0.9418RC0 are all coming this week or early next
week... It will be difficult to test all of them. He might be better to
spread them more than that if we want to allow people to invest time on
testing them :(

I will personally have few time next week for testing, then no time at all
until Mars 31st. So having all the 3 release at the same time will allow me
to test only one, or, maybe 2 if I'm lucky, but never 3.

Just sharing my feeling that spreading them a bit more might be better for
"testers"...

JM

Re: Releases tests....

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I would have some cycles to try out RC's next week.

bq. 0.98.2RC0

Minor correction: should be 0.98.1 RC0

Re: Releases tests....

How to be a volunteer and contribute time for the release tests?

Is there some docsĀ  or tests list for release?

Re: Releases tests....

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
I got this list from Dave Wang, but folks didn't really update it.
Can resurface it.

-- Lars

________________________________
Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Re: Releases tests....

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Shaohui,

Re: Releases tests....

Posted by liushaohui <li...@xiaomi.com>.

Re: Releases tests....

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I agree it's a bit unusual we are all on top of each other right now.

I'd like to do a monthly release cadence for 0.98 and the time is now, so I
plan to at least tag the branch for a RC. Whether we collectively have the
bandwidth to test what's tagged at the same time, perhaps this can be moved
forward a bit. I certainly plan to do tens of cycles of unit tests, perf
testing against 0.98.0, cluster integration tests using hbase-it, and maybe
that's good enough besides others helping out with checking packaging
basics.

And this time I will update CHANGES.txt.

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 4:44 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)