Posted to commits@myfaces.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/06/19 17:43:03 UTC

[Myfaces Wiki] Trivial Update of "Displaying Errors/Infos/Warnings in JSF Pages" by JeffBischoff

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Myfaces Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JeffBischoff:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Displaying_Errors/Infos/Warnings_in_JSF_Pages

The comment on the change is:
Spelling corrections

  }}}

- The first method enqueues a global message with INFO severity while the second method associates the INFO message with a component (most probably from a custom (page-specific) validation. We also have a abse class for all our validators (which perform page-specific validation when necessary) which uses the following protected method for raising messages
+ The first method enqueues a global message with INFO severity while the second method associates the INFO message with a component (most probably from a custom (page-specific) validation. We also have a base class for all our validators (which perform page-specific validation when necessary) which uses the following protected method for raising messages
  {{{
      protected static void invalidateInput(UIInput uii, String message) {

@@ -161, +161 @@

      }
  }
  }}}
- Our backing bean extends our basic UI base classes whihc provides access to central logging etc. You can see that if a component has enqueued a message of ERROR we add a localized message at the top of the page which (we hope) gracefully moderates the user-impact of seeing the same form again with a bunch of annotations!
+ Our backing bean extends our basic UI base classes which provides access to central logging etc. You can see that if a component has enqueued a message of ERROR we add a localized message at the top of the page which (we hope) gracefully moderates the user-impact of seeing the same form again with a bunch of annotations!

  The PageMessages.jspf is included into each JSP using the following code:
  {{{