Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com> on 2006/11/29 20:03:23 UTC

testing email

Hi, I'm just testing email. A user sent me email saying he can't send email to our list, adffaces-user or adffaces-dev, and he gets this message:

--------------------------------------

Posted by Aneesha Govil <po...@gmail.com>.

> On 11/29/06, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I am getting more and more *moderate* emails which is acctually no spam
> :(
> >
> > Perhaps there is really something wrong with the subscriber...
> >
> > @Wendy, are you listening ?
>
> After you let a message through, reply to it and remind the person to
> subscribe (or copy them on the approval message and say you're letting
> it through this time, but they'll need to subscribe to the list.)
>
> People may be having trouble subscribing because the spam filters seem
> to be rejecting empty messages and those containing html.
>
> If a particular subscriber is having trouble, either (subscribe to
> and) post it to the infrastructure list, or open a JIRA issue in the
> infrastructure project so someone can check it out.
>
> HTH,
> --
> Wendy

Well, when I first tried subscribing to this list, I got the same spam
figured that if I had no where to ask queries, I can't use ADF and we ended
up using Myfaces and tomahawk while ADF seemed to suit our requirements
more. Oh well.

I think it would be more helpful to have the ADF incubator page updated with
list information and how to subscribe to it. Trust me, all newbies don't
always know the process or where they can find help. It seems to be quite
confusing then.

Thanks,
Aneesha

Re: testing email

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: testing email

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
one more,

I am getting more and more *moderate* emails which is acctually no spam :(

Perhaps there is really something wrong with the subscriber...

@Wendy, are you listening ?

-Matthias

Re: testing email

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.