Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Ying Chen <yi...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/14 22:40:46 UTC

Troubleshooting Knox issue

Hello -

Recently I have run into an issue on an older cluster using Knox 1.4.0.

I have a REST service that is running on the Hadoop cluster.  I've
configured a Knox topology to route to WebHDFS as well as this REST service
that I built.

I am able to connect to WebHDFS thru knox, but for some reason it is not
able to reach the REST services.  Knox returns 500 Server Error,  /
IOException Service connectivity error.

The REST service is running, and I am able to curl to that REST service on
the port specified in the topology file...

Any suggestions as to what to check next ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ying

Re: Troubleshooting Knox issue

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
Hi Ying -

You didn't mention whether you added a service definition for your REST
service or not.
I would really expect a 404 without one but it sort of depends on what your
topology looks like.

If you would like to send the gateway.log, gateway-audit.log and topology
files, I'll take a look.

thanks,

--larry