Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2000/10/11 17:28:37 UTC

SOAP taglib ready

Hello,

you can download a very first version of my SOAP taglib from
http://ulim.cocoonhost.com/soap.tar.gz

Do you have a Perl script (or a Java program or ...) and want to call a
Java method on another server? Call an XSP page instead and it will do
the SOAP/HTTP/RPC stuff transparently in the background by using the
SOAP taglib.

Now a question related to the taglib's further development:

Presently the taglib assumes that the SOAP services it contacts answer
in the form of XML fragments. These are parsed and appended to the
current node.

But what if I want to return something different from a SOAP service,
say a PDF or a Word document? This must be passed on to the browser
directly, as it cannot be parsed and incorporated into the current XSP
page. How can I do that from out of an XSP page? And how do I make sure
that the XSP page terminates correctly after that?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung