Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Ray Weng <RW...@ariba.com> on 2001/05/24 04:34:05 UTC

Does SOAP4J use SOAP-ENC:Array?

Hi,

When I try to send a vector though SOAP, I found the following encoding
style used by SOAP4J,
<aVector xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap" xsi:type="ns2:Vector">

However, I was expecting something like this
<aVector SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:ur-type[3]" xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array">

Does SOAP4J implement the SOAP-ENC arrayType?

thanks,
Ray

Re: Does SOAP4J use SOAP-ENC:Array?

Posted by Kam Fung <ka...@aus.sun.com>.
Ray,

I posted a similar question but there is no reply yet.  I have even tried to
return a Java array which does not return SOAP-ENC:Array either.

This problem will hit me hard when I start to integrate a MS COM type client
to a Apache SOAP server.

Kam.

Posted by Kam Fung <ka...@aus.sun.com>.
Ray,

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Ray,

If you try to serialize an array, that is some thing X that will cause
X.getClass().isArray() to return true, it will be serialized using the
SOAP-ENV:Array format.

new Vector().getClass().isArray() returns false.

Thanks,
-Matt

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Ray,