Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ed Anuff <ed...@anuff.com> on 2011/10/03 17:33:21 UTC

[ANN] Usergrid, Open Source Mobile Data Platform built on Cassandra

I made mention of this during my presentation at the Cassandra Summit
back in July, but we're finally ready to release the source for
Usergrid.  This is a mobile platform stack built on top of Cassandra
and using Hector and we're making the full source code available on
GitHub.  We'll be offering it as a cloud service as well, but we
wanted to follow the WordPress model of having both self-hosted and
self-serve options.

Usergrid provides a bunch of cool features like activity streams, user
management, and counter-based analytics as well as providing a very
high-level fully indexed JSON-based data model via a REST API, so that
you can unlock a lot of the power of Cassandra directly from
Javascript.  It's meant for mobile app developers who really want to
just focus on their front-end development.  Particularly cool is the
double-clickable launcher app that fires up an embedded Cassandra
server and makes running all this on your desktop a piece of cake.

Our blog is at: http://blog.usergrid.com

The code is up at: http://github.com/usergrid/stack

Documentation is at: http://usergrid.github.com/docs

Main website is: http://www.usergrid.com

There's a mailing list set up for discussion at:
http://groups.google.com/group/usergrid-user

It's still a work-in-progress and there's a lot in there that still
needs to be documented.

Hope you'll check it out and find it interesting.  Even if it's not
something you'd have use of yourself, please forward this on to people
you know who are trying to build data-rich mobile apps.

Thanks

Ed

Re: [ANN] Usergrid, Open Source Mobile Data Platform built on Cassandra

Posted by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com>.
This should be quite helpful as a reference. Thanks!

--
Roshan
Blog: http://roshandawrani.wordpress.com/

Re: [ANN] Usergrid, Open Source Mobile Data Platform built on Cassandra

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Thanks Ed.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer