Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com> on 2011/07/23 23:38:34 UTC

Re: FW: Question about property "fs.default.name"

Mahesh,

The NameNode is a component of HDFS. It does not apply to other FSes
Hadoop can use. You can browse file:/// (are you planning to use NFS,
etc.?) with a regular file browser.

Besides this, am not sure I even got your question. Why don't you try
out how Hadoop deals with a local fs by running a few MR jobs with
that config?

--
Harsh J