Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by justinkwaugh <jw...@airclic.com> on 2007/09/24 19:04:07 UTC

How do I set TCP_NODELAY?

I see recommendations to disable Nagle's algorithm using TCP_NODELAY but i'm
not sure how to set it in the MINA framework.   Can someone point me in the
right direction?

Re: How do I set TCP_NODELAY?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Cool ;)

On 9/24/07, justinkwaugh <jw...@airclic.com> wrote:

> Thanks very much.  The problem I was having was that I used as my guide an
> example which used the more generic interfaces of IoAcceptor /
> IoServiceConfig etc., so I never saw that method.  I switched to
> SocketAcceptor, and it was much more clear.
>
> Emmanuel Lecharny-3 wrote:
> >
> > Doing something like this, may be :
> >
> >             SocketAcceptorConfig acceptorCfg = new SocketAcceptorConfig();
> >
> >             acceptorCfg.getSessionConfig().setTcpNoDelay( true );
> >
> > (Works on MINA 1.1.2 AFAIK)
> >

> > On 9/24/07, justinkwaugh <jw...@airclic.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I see recommendations to disable Nagle's algorithm using TCP_NODELAY but
> >> i'm
> >> not sure how to set it in the MINA framework.   Can someone point me in
> >> the
> >> right direction?
> >> --
> >> Nabble.com.
> >>

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Cordialement,
> > Emmanuel Lécharny
> > www.iktek.com

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: How do I set TCP_NODELAY?

Posted by justinkwaugh <jw...@airclic.com>.

Re: How do I set TCP_NODELAY?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Doing something like this, may be :

            SocketAcceptorConfig acceptorCfg = new SocketAcceptorConfig();

            acceptorCfg.getSessionConfig().setTcpNoDelay( true );

(Works on MINA 1.1.2 AFAIK)

On 9/24/07, justinkwaugh <jw...@airclic.com> wrote:

> I see recommendations to disable Nagle's algorithm using TCP_NODELAY but i'm
> not sure how to set it in the MINA framework.   Can someone point me in the
> right direction?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com