Posted to dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> on 2010/04/22 22:11:27 UTC

Hmm, filterable subject tag ?

Hi there,

wasn't there a plan to add the tag of the original list to the subject
line, such that one can use the mailing program for filtering, allowing
one to ignore those postings for projects that one is not interested in?

---rony

Re: Hmm, filterable subject tag ?

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Rony G. Flatscher
<Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> wasn't there a plan to add the tag of the original list to the subject
> line, such that one can use the mailing program for filtering, allowing
> one to ignore those postings for projects that one is not interested in?

<snip/>

Yeah, see second bullet in bold in this section:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#Development

For example, using gmail, if I set a filter where subject matches BSF*
then I will be able to filter all incoming mail with BSF in the
subjects. Using the convention mentioned in the bullet point above,
that will filter all BSF related emails, for example.

Its certainly a change to have one dev list and may take a bit of
getting used to, but once you have your filters set up it shouldn't be
too bad. Well, I am subscribed to Commons, Incubator and Labs lists to
name a few shared lists so I may be ahead of the curve ;-)

-Rahul