Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2005/09/12 11:31:51 UTC

Re: When is task being added to main branch?

Mark McKay wrote:
> I'm aware that an <apt> task for using the new Java apt utility exists
> and is in an experimental branch of Ant, but I'm not sure how to find it
> or add it to my current distribution of Ant (I'm using 1.6.4 at the
> moment).
>
> I was wondering when this task will be added to the main branch of Ant?
> It seems to be both useful and would make the ant toolkit more
> 'complete' with the Java 1.5 spec.
>
> Also, how would I go about finding and installing the current
> experimental apt task?

you need to check out the HEAD of ant from CVS, and build it. It will be
in Ant1.7

Re: When is task being added to main branch?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Mark McKay wrote:
> Steve Loughran wrote:
>
>> Mark McKay wrote:
>>
>>> I'm aware that an <apt> task for using the new Java apt utility
>>> exists and is in an experimental branch of Ant, but I'm not sure how
>>> to find it or add it to my current distribution of Ant (I'm using
>>> 1.6.4 at the moment).
>>>
>>> I was wondering when this task will be added to the main branch of
>>> Ant?  It seems to be both useful and would make the ant toolkit more
>>> 'complete' with the Java 1.5 spec.
>>>
>>> Also, how would I go about finding and installing the current
>>> experimental apt task?
>>

>> you need to check out the HEAD of ant from CVS, and build it. It will
>> be in Ant1.7
>>
> How do I check out the source?  I found the SVN page at
> http://ant.apache.org/svn.html, but it's not clear what [project] is
> supposed to be.  Is there a way to check out using a regular CVS client?

I think CVS may be in sync, but better to use SVN if you can. I use
SmartSVN, the java client, and give it the full URL to the repository;
it does the rest.

The URL you want is http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/trunk/  ;
use https if you think a proxy is going to interfere.
check it out, build it by
bootstrap  or sh bootstrap.bat
build install-lite  or sh build.sh  install-lite

Making the optional jars is harder; look at fetch.xml to see how to
download the OSS libraries you need for the majority of optional things;
install these into lib/optional to compile, lib/ to use

-steve

Re: When is task being added to main branch?

Posted by Mark McKay <ma...@kitfox.com>.
Steve Loughran wrote:

> Mark McKay wrote:
>
>> I'm aware that an <apt> task for using the new Java apt utility
>> exists and is in an experimental branch of Ant, but I'm not sure how
>> to find it or add it to my current distribution of Ant (I'm using
>> 1.6.4 at the moment).
>>
>> I was wondering when this task will be added to the main branch of
>> Ant?  It seems to be both useful and would make the ant toolkit more
>> 'complete' with the Java 1.5 spec.
>>
>> Also, how would I go about finding and installing the current
>> experimental apt task?
>

> you need to check out the HEAD of ant from CVS, and build it. It will
> be in Ant1.7

How do I check out the source?  I found the SVN page at
http://ant.apache.org/svn.html, but it's not clear what [project] is
supposed to be.  Is there a way to check out using a regular CVS client?

Mark McKay