Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2016/04/10 13:37:13 UTC

[ANN] Release Plexus Archiver 3.1.1

Hi to all,

i have released plexus-archiver version 3.1.1

which contains a fix for an NPE which occurs during the usage in
maven-archiver.

The sync to central will take some ours.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [ANN] Release Plexus Archiver 3.1.1

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Hervé,
On 4/10/16 7:06 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> Le dimanche 10 avril 2016 16:05:10 Karl Heinz Marbaise a écrit :
>> Hi Herve´,
>>
>> On 4/10/16 3:21 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
>>> thanks Karl Heinz: it's a good idea to make an announce
>>>
>>> it would be useful also to use GitHub issues and milestones to track the
>>> content, since currently it's really hard to find what releases exist and
>>> what has changed
>>
>> True...that's the reason i started to do ReleaseNotes for
>> plexus-archiver linked from the front page
>> (https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-archiver)...
> oh, great: I didn't see this, I like it
> We'll just have to see what is the easiest to do: such a ReleaseNotes.md or
> use GitHub issues & milestones tracker
> but I'm ok with any of those solutions

Using GitHub issues & milestones and writing ReleaseNotes as
well...makes sense from my point of view...

>>> I just created some milestones, but could not associate issues: I don't
>>> know if that's because there were no issues created or if I could not
>>> figure out which issue was fixed
>>
>> Where have you created the milestones for plexus-archiver cause i can't
>> see any in plexus-archiver ?
> if you look at Milestones, you'll see 0 Open but 7 Closed: click on Closed and
> you'll see
>
> yes, there is some tweaks to find about GitHub issues and milestones tracking,
> but once found, it's just simple

Ah...you have already closed them... That puzzled me..that was too
obivous ;-)...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Herve´,

On 4/10/16 3:21 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> thanks Karl Heinz: it's a good idea to make an announce
>
> it would be useful also to use GitHub issues and milestones to track the
> content, since currently it's really hard to find what releases exist and what
> has changed

True...that's the reason i started to do ReleaseNotes for
plexus-archiver linked from the front page
(https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-archiver)...

> I just created some milestones, but could not associate issues: I don't know
> if that's because there were no issues created or if I could not figure out
> which issue was fixed

Where have you created the milestones for plexus-archiver cause i can't
see any in plexus-archiver ?

> but for the future, on every Plexus component, it would be great to track
> changes like we did with Jira: GitHub milestones and issues are just as easy
> to use

Sure...

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.