Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/28 23:47:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.1 RC1

Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.1

The artifacts can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.1-RC1-rev049d53ebd6e0b2eba3f9c516f3645c821ba97bc1

You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.1-RC1-rev049d53ebd6e0b2eba3f9c516f3645c821ba97bc1

The vote will be open for 72 hours from now.

[x] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1
----

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.1 RC1

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
May I recommend the ReleaseWizard to generate those upload commands? :)

Jan Høydahl

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Ishan, the smoke tester fails with the following error:

Test Solr...
  test basics...
  check changes HTML...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 1485, in <module>
    main()
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 1411, in main
    downloadOnly=c.download_only)
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 1469, in smokeTest
    checkSigs('solr', solrPath, version, tmpDir, isSigned, keysFile)
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 321, in checkSigs
    testChanges(project, version, changesURL)
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 369, in testChanges
    checkChangesContent(s, version, changesURL, project, True)
  File "dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py", line 428, in
checkChangesContent
    raise RuntimeError('%s has duplicate section "%s" under release "%s"' %
(name, text, release))
RuntimeError:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.1-RC1-rev049d53ebd6e0b2eba3f9c516f3645c821ba97bc1/solr/changes/Changes.html
has duplicate section "Release 8.3.1 " under release "8.3.1"

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 5:17 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.3.1
>
> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.1-RC1-rev049d53ebd6e0b2eba3f9c516f3645c821ba97bc1
>
> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>
> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.3.1-RC1-rev049d53ebd6e0b2eba3f9c516f3645c821ba97bc1
>
> The vote will be open for 72 hours from now.
>
> [x] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here is my +1
> ----

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.3.1 RC1

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
That issue can't be a blocker, since there are several workarounds
available to the user to create a collection/core.
Please reconsider the veto and release a 8.3.2, if needed.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
I withdraw my -1 and change to a -0 if you rather want a 8.3.2

Note that a -1 is not a veto, as long. A release cannot be vetoed. As long as there are more +1 votes than -1 the vote passes!

Jan Høydahl

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David! Based on what I see about that bug, I feel we should continue
with the release.

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.