Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Luca Zago <za...@libero.it> on 2002/09/25 14:16:45 UTC

second time... JNDI and J2EEStore

Hi sliders,
I know this is a topic about which there are many mails and one how-to.
but belive me or not... even flowwing these explanations.
I cannot make slide find the initialContext in fact I got the error:

Service slidestore.j2ee.J2EEDescriptorsStore@b446d1 initialization
failed : Name comp is not bound in this Context

the nice thing is that I can get the DataSource from a test code inside
a jsp without problems.
I use tomcat 4.1.10, slide 2.0 from cvs and Oracle drivers.
I put
<Resource name="jdbc/cmsdb" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/slidedb">

both in GlobalNamingResources and in slide context in server.xml
in slide web-app web.xml I put
<resource-ref>
       <description>Testing Tomcat-wide datasource usage</description>
       <res-ref-name>jdbc/cmsdb</res-ref-name>
       <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

Probably the issue is that my Domain.xml is outside the web app or a
classpth issue.
But slide is a web-app..then the inizialization of the domain comes
after Tomcat setup.

Has Somebody some ideas?

Thank you again for your help.

Luca