Posted to -deprecated@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.fr> on 2001/02/07 08:30:15 UTC

Licensing info for xml.apache.org Stylebook Skin ?

Hi,

I have converted my web site to use the Apache Jakarta Stylebook which provides the already made xml.apache.org skin. I'd like to know if I am free to use for my web site (even if temporarily, just the time it takes me to write a new custom skin) ? Can I customize it by changing the Apache logo for example ? My project is not an apache project (although it might become one some day .... :) ).

Thanks a lot.
Vincent.

Re: Licensing info for xml.apache.org Stylebook Skin ?

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have converted my web site to use the Apache Jakarta Stylebook which
> provides the already made xml.apache.org skin. I'd like to know if I am free
> to use for my web site (even if temporarily, just the time it takes me to
> write a new custom skin) ? Can I customize it by changing the Apache logo for
> example ? My project is not an apache project (although it might become one
> some day .... :) ).

Yeah, as long as you provide a small page where you actually say that you're
using an Apache "product" (might be in the credits, wherever...)

That's the only "requirement" of the Apache Software License 1.1 under which
Stylebook and related files (skins & co.) are released...

Glad you liked it...

    Pier (the author!)

--
Pier Fumagalli                                 <ma...@betaversion.org>

Re: Licensing info for xml.apache.org Stylebook Skin ?

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.