Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/09 19:56:00 UTC

GSOC 2012 project ideas

Hopefully you guys had a nice holidays and are ready to get hacking on
PhotArk again.

It would be good if we could start discussing what are some projects
we could start doing for GSoC 2012, as students are already doing
their research and looking around.

Please respond to this thread with projects ideas

Thanks

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: GSOC 2012 project ideas

Posted by Pubudu Dissanayake <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Suho

Its being a great pleasure to be a part of the Open Source project . As a 3rd
year undergraduate student i have gain lot of experiences in java related
technologies. I will take that as an advantage for development on Apache
Photark Project and contribute my self as a GSoC 2012 student to take this
project to the next level.

Looks like an interesting idea to start with :). I'm very interested on
development using PhoneGap if u can please collaborate more on the hybrid
development that would be really appreciate and i'm looking forward to GSoC
2012 as well :)

I also have an idea of designing the UI mock-ups for the hybrid
application because still mobile development not yet in progress we
should have to have a clear scope about the development.I'm looking
forward to go with this idea as my GSoC project and hoping to
contribute more in advance :)

--
Best Regards,
Pubudu Dissanayake,

LinkedIn -  http://www.linkedin.com/in/pubududissanayake
Photostream -http://www.flickr.com/photos/pubudufx/
Twitter -  https://twitter.com/#!/GeekInAction

 ~~~Whatever past has gone ,Best is always yet to come~~~

Re: GSOC 2012 project ideas

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah
> <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 28 March 2012 00:01, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> If the project idea is to only create UI mock-ups, this might be an
>>> issue, as I believe GSoC have a requirement to produce code.
>>

>> hence i think its good to add this to the metadeta model idea,
>> since that is not that complicated to implement
>>
>> Suho
>>>

>>> --
>>> Luciano Resende
>>> http://people.apache.org/~lresende
>>> http://twitter.com/lresende1975
>>> http://lresende.blogspot.com/
>>

> Maybe it would be good for you to start a new thread specific to the
> "[GSoC] Metadata Model idea"  where we can identify detailed items we
> want to pursue and discuss technical directions we want to go.

Never Mind, I guess we are doing that on PhotArk 77 :)

Re: GSOC 2012 project ideas

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: GSOC 2012 project ideas

Posted by Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <su...@gmail.com>.