Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chris Curvey <cc...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/05 13:58:20 UTC

could not find library containing RSA_new

Hey all,

I'm trying to build Subversion 1.3.1 (client only) on SuSE 10.0 with SSL
support.  I've built a fresh copy of OpenSSL 0.9.8, which lives in
/usr/local/ssl (the default).  In the Subversion home directory, I do
"./configure --with-ssl".  Configure runs for a good long time, then fails
with "could not find library containing RSA_new" when building neon.

I tried adding "--with-libs=/usr/local/ssl", and it seems to get farther,
but still fails with "could not find library containing SSL_library_init"

Then I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/ssl/lib, but that gets the same
error

Any suggestions?

--
Nervous passengers are advised to wear a blindfold.