Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/12 00:09:50 UTC

Django integration was: Ideas for GSoC 2014

started new thread because this is OT

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 5:56 PM, Saint Germain <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 18:55:59 +0000, Gary Martin
> <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote :

[...]

> So far my experiment works without problem through WSGI. But having
> worked with Django and Trac/Bloodhound/Genshi, I was quite strucked by
> how similar they can be on many points.
>
> It's a long long shot, but we can try to make Trac/Bloodhound easier to
> integrate with Django and other frameworks ?
> (I'm not talking about replacing Genshi templating system or other
> components by Django, as I don't know enough about the subject)

see https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-genshi/1.1.2 . In general I don't
like Django templates . Indeed the Django apps I've created have always
implemented UI powered by genshi .

> Olemis created a ticket related to this topic:
> https://labs.blood-hound.net/ticket/287

I'm hoping to be able to take a look into this before PyCon 2014 , but that
depends on priorities .

[...]

Olemis - @olemislc