Posted to user@mrunit.apache.org by Brock Noland <br...@apache.org> on 2015/04/16 23:42:46 UTC

Next steps and future of the project

Hi,

The MapReduce API has been stabilized and rarely changes these days.
Additionally I feel the trend is away from writing MapReduce and
towards using higher level languages such as SQL and Apache Spark.

Do you accept this premise? If so, what should we do next?

If not, why and what should we do next?

Cheers,
Brock

Re: Next steps and future of the project

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
At least make sure it does work with newer version of Hadoop. I feel that's
the only objectif.

MR being stable, MRUnit should be the same. I don't foresee major changes
in the project as a consequence. But newer hadoop versions might introduce
dependencies changes that could break an old MRUnit.

I feel that's the only thing to watch for.

Bertrand Dechoux

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Brock,