Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by David Harrigan <dh...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/07 11:16:14 UTC

CSV Data Set - always the same data

Hi,

Using JMeter 2.2 under Ubuntu 6.10 and JDK 1.5.0_09

I've configured a cvs file with the following information:

gandalf,frodo,sam,elrond,sauron,pippen,merry

I've added a CSV Data Set config as a child to HTTP Request, configured as:

Variable Names : query
Delimiter: , (default)
Recyle on EOF? True (default)

Then in my HTTP Request, in my Parameters to send:

Name : q
Value : ${query}

I've added the HTTP Request to a Thread Group configured as:

Number of Threads: 1
Loop Count: 10

When I execute this plan, in my View Results Tree, Request tab, I see that
the URL is always (i.e., 10) of the form:

GET http://localhost?/all?q=gandalf

The q never changes. I tried changing the Number of Threads and even
moving the elements about but it made no change. I was expecting that
q would change for each request, i.e., q=gandalf, q=frodo etc.. etc...

The jmeter.log is not highlighting any issues (even when debug is switch on)

Something broken?

-=david=-

RE: CSV Data Set - always the same data

Posted by David Harrigan <dh...@gmail.com>.
Perfect!

Thanks, the documentation isn't that clear.

Thanks again.

-=david=-

Posted by sp...@gmx.de.