Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ken edward <ke...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/06 14:08:14 UTC

Is support officially over for subversion 1.9?

Hello,

As I read the SVN LTS policy, it states that support ends 4 years
after the initial release. Since Subversion 1.9 was released on Aug 5,
2015, does that now mean subversion 1.9 will not longer receive
security patches (now that it is Aug 6th)?

Thank you,
Ed

Re: Is support officially over for subversion 1.9?

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 06.08.2019 16:08, ken edward wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As I read the SVN LTS policy, it states that support ends 4 years
> after the initial release. Since Subversion 1.9 was released on Aug 5,
> 2015, does that now mean subversion 1.9 will not longer receive
> security patches (now that it is Aug 6th)?

We haven't decided yet, but it's likely that the answer will be "yes".

I'll make sure we send an announcement when we do decide.

-- Brane