Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/01/28 19:09:26 UTC

[VOTE] v2.1.1 release

[Vote Policy: this vote is subject to majority consensus, not veto.]

Please vote to release v2.1.1, as represented by v2.1.1a4 in the nightly
build structure.

Changes in v2.1.1 are listed at
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JamesV2Plans, and will be added
to src/xdocs/changes.xml.

I will start with a +1.

Serge: I suppose that eventually these should take place on general@?

	--- Noel

RE: [VOTE] v2.1.1 release

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> > Serge: I suppose that eventually these should take place on general@?
> Releases are definitely a developer-community issue (IMHO).  I think
> general@ is good for random thoughts about how to use mail/messaging
> servers.

OK, not quite how I saw it.  See my reply to Aaron.

Did you want to vote on the Release, though?  LOL  :-)

	--- Noel

Re: [VOTE] v2.1.1 release

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

--
Serge Knystautas
President

Re: [VOTE] v2.1.1 release

Posted by Harmeet Bedi <ha...@kodemuse.com>.
Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> what happened to alphas 1 through 4?

Uh ...

	v2.1.1a1 Jan  9
	v2.1.1a2 Jan 10
	v2.1.1a3 Jan 16
	v2.1.1a4 Jan 26
	v2.1.1a5 Jan 29

I've been announcing them on james-user@.

Re: [VOTE] v2.1.1 release

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> I am withdrawing this vote due to a defect in the file system repository.  I
> believe that I have a fix, which I am uploading as part of v2.1.1a5.

This is kind of a silly question, but what happened to alphas 1 through
4?  I guess you have been building them and I just hadn't noticed.  Nice
catch with the synchronization woes, btw.

 > Since I have to do that, anyway, do we *want* to try the new
dnsserver code?
 > Is anyone using the DNS code checked into HEAD?

I would like to since it promises to reduce the number of problems
caused by people not configuring the DNS servers, but unfortunately
can't commit to testing this in the next week.

--
Serge Knystautas
Lokitech

Re: [VOTE] v2.1.1 release

Posted by Serge Sozonoff <se...@globalbeach.com>.
Hi Noel,

Your guys call on this one. Like Serge said, it would solve several issues
where people forget about DNS config etc...
However I have not done enough testing to justify the push that it be in the
next release.
To play it safe, I would wait till its been tested a bit more.

Sergei

Re: [VOTE] v2.1.1 release

Posted by Serge Sozonoff <se...@globalbeach.com>.
Hi Noel,

I have been running James checked out of HEAD and have not encountered any
problems, but I have not submitted RemoteDelivery to any load yet, this
might be worth doing.

Sergei

RE: [VOTE] v2.1.1 release

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.